Monday, February 18, 2008

Two Dreams

In the last week I had two very different dreams. The first one was about Doughnuts. For those of you that don’t know, I recently discovered that I’m addicted to doughnuts. It all started when I began taking my little sister Mary to the doughnut shop after she would spend the night at my place. I really didn’t like doughnuts at all but the more time I spent in the doughnut shop the more I started getting tempted. It started out that I would just order one for me and one for Mary. She got the sprinkle kind and I got the French Twist with chocolate on top. But then a strange thing happened. I started going to the doughnut shop just by myself. And instead of ordering just one I would order three. And would take them home and eat them all day or on a couple occasions I ate all three at one time.

I think the worst part of this addiction came when I started getting to know the doughnut man. We started to become pretty good friends. And I remember one day I walked in and asked me if I wanted the usual. Ahhhh, he knows what I want!!! And it all started because I was just being a good big brother. I never liked doughnuts. They are terrible for you! But now every time I drive by the doughnut shop something in me says, PULL OVER, PULL OVER. So the other night I’m almost positive that I had a dream about doughnuts. And then Mary drew me these pictures and I didn’t even tell her about the dream.

My second dream was about China. I was holding an orphan girl that was sobbing because she didn’t want to leave me to go back to the orphanage. And I was holding her tight but had to say goodbye. It was a sad dream but in a way it was a wonderful dream because I woke up feeling a great love for that invisible girl that I had met in my sleep. And once again I felt a passion for my job- To love these kids and to give them Jesus, a family, and an education.

How can you turn a note down like this?

Me going to bed after brushing my teeth.

Me dreaming about doughnuts.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Mary's pictures in combination of your donut dream is hilarious...
At least you know your weakness! The first step is always recognition...haha

Nicole 妮可 said...

This is too hilarious! I actually am personally coming to grips with what I think may be a new addiction to Peanut MM's and Pepsi... I'm not to the point of a relationship with the Pepsi guy yet... but thanks for the heads-up on what comes next! I'll watch out.
Mary's pictures are too cute... what a dear.
BTW, I was thinking later that this afternoon when I was reviewing ya'lls blogs, that I should have said you are concerned about quality vs. quanity. :)
It was worth the wait.

The Chmelars said...

i love it... i love it... i love it! that is so sweet! siblings are the bestest!
tiffany

Tom said...

Well, since you're an addict and all, have you ever been to the Donut Pantry by Major Market? I assume you and Mary go to the one in Bonsall... just to stoke your habit a bit, try the place by Major Market if you haven't already... they're the best donuts around... nice Cambodian couple owns the place, too.

Anonymous said...

That has gotta be the greatest post I have ever read! I love the fact of how much Mary realized you love donuts! she even thinks you dream about them :)