Monday, August 11, 2008

More Unknowns & News from Nanchang Camp


Hey Everyone, Wow, another busy week in China with unknowns around every corner. The Olympics started and everything is just CRAZY! At the beginning of the week we heard that we might have to cancel the rest of summer camp. And currently we are not allowed to leave the camp premises. But each day has led to another day full of smiles and hugs and permission to continue. One more week to go at our camp in Xin Zheng. I'm also excited to send you an update from our camp in Nanchang. This was our first year running two camps in different parts of China. Great job Nanchang! I can't wait to talk with you all!

Week 1 Nanchang Update:

Our first week in Nanchang was amazing! Swimming, making memory books, dancing, singing, eating together were all highlights for the kids. We even had an impromptu water fight out by the hotel lake (with only one small casualty who briefly fell into the water) and enjoyed a firework show on the last night of camp. Yet simply hanging out and playing during free-time were some of our favorite times together.

From the kids:

“My delightful friend, this week I felt really good. I got not only happiness, but also friendship, unity, and security…The existence of you is just like a beautiful picture in my life.” –Tom #1


“Your name is pretty interesting. We all know that Jordan is a basketball player and he is a well-known basketball star…Before I know you, I just like a wild child who had no idea how to treat people. But now, you change me a lot. I have to get rid of some bad habits such as impolite and mean. I really appreciate you.” – Tom #2

No comments: