Monday, November 17, 2008

2 children runaway from orphanage

I don't know if you all heard about 2 of the children that ran away from the orphanage after camp.They WALKED a day and a night to get to the camp.I don’t know if they realized that camp was done and life had moved on for all of us. Please pray that camp would ignite in people’s heart the passion to use their gifts and resources to help provide homes for children like Billy!

Letter from Sarah: (Shortened and edited)
Billy with another kid ran away from orphanage to find me at the university where we held camp.The children walked about one day and one night from their orphanage to the university.Luckily, everything is well except Billy hurt accidentally.Please don't worry, it's ok.

They arrived at my school on midday September 3.They wandered in our campus for they haven't any money to give me a ring or eat and they didn't know where I was in the campus.On the way to my school, they picked out some bottlessell and get 1 yuan to ring me, unfortunately, I didn't picked up it because I was having class at that time.

Anyhow, they found me at about 8pm that night.Another translator at camp met them by chance when they wandered near our school.And another girl told me she saw him falling asleep ontree of our campus at the noon.

Billy told me he went to the bookshop 30 times and waited me wherebought books for him at camp.Wethe orphanage and the orphanage assigned workers to come our school to take them back at last.Theyback orphanage11pm.I was moved very much, it's a little unimaginable to me.

He is looking forward me to looking in him. I am keep touch with him by phone.I am very happy for contactinghim and I am so happy for I can help and encourage him.

Thanks. Miss you! Best wishes! Love,
Sarah
---
From David: On a sad note, I heard from a friend in China that the orphanage punished Billy by not allowing him to attend school for a year.

1 comment:

Shiloh Strang said...

Hi! We've tagged you (and Christy) check our blog for more about the details and rules.
www.ebenezerforestfarm.blogspot.com
~Mr. & Mrs. Strang
Shiloh
Bethany
Jordan
Eden
Judah