Friday, May 16, 2008

What to say?

right now I'm just trying to figure out what in the world I should say on the Night Walk conference call tonight. I feel like I've told all the stories a million times. And honestly I'm a little nervous that it will go ok. That I'll say the right thing, that the kids will be on the phone, that the battery on my phone won't die... Yesterday we found out that of all things the torch relay was in Nanchang and the kids would have to do school during the Night Walk to make up for the time off. I just smiled thinking, "how in the world could we have planned for that happening?" Luckily the director is really great and said ok for the kids to still walk. But still, just don't know what will happen. I seem to be saying this one line quite often, "We just do the best we can and leave the results to God."

Also, as soon as I get a chance I'm going to be posting. Sorry for the long delay, it seems like everything hit at the same moment. (2 concerts, camp training, night walk) As my dad says, it's like being in a bathtub full of ping pong balls and trying to keep them all under the water. You just run out of hands. And I guess lately the blog ping pong ball has just been hanging out on top of the water :>) ok, back to what I'm going to say tonight.

4 comments:

Nicole 妮可 said...

hey - i know that G. will give you the words to speak. remember that He is speaking thro you and it's gonna be awesome!
you are all so amazing!

Anonymous said...

David,
It was really great! and so much fun! You did it...He did it! And so many were blessed. One day at a time for all of us, eh? One day you'll see and know ALL the fruit that's coming from your heart, time, and energy invested here. What an honor for me to be part of this!!! Thanks again-natalie

Anonymous said...

It was awesome David. It was the coolest phone call and one of the most meaningful things I have ever been a part of. When you said weeki Wachee Florida and people all around the world heard our little cheer it was fantastic.

G Bless you!!
Pete

Dave Carrol said...

Hey there... great blog. My sister in law Amanda Carrol is going with you guys to China so she told me about your blog.

Very cool stuff!

Blessing man
Dave