Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend Update - Camp #1

Here's the weekend update from China. Thank you all for your part in making these smiles possible for the orphans of China!
From the kids: "This wonderful week made me feel our relationship is just fish and water, we cannot depart..." "I can say I am the happiest girl in the world."
Youtube videos of the week: From Zheng Zhou Camp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It2qTAG6q9c
From our Staff: (Nicole Chmelar)This afternoon when we told each other our life stories, we learned so much about each of our girls' lives... things that hurt to know. Things like the fact that most of the girls from my team were orphaned because their parents killed each other. When they started telling, it was like a water fountain broke loose... they were almost sobbing so hard they couldn't talk. How can you comfort an eleven girl who lost her parents only four years before? We listened and I told them that I was so sorry, but that we love them so much. We held hands. We cried. I wanted to pr so bad... I am so thankful that our Father can see their little broken hearts and He cares for them so much more than we ever could.


1 comment:

Melina Hunt said...

praise God for you guys having a window into China! i found your blog through Nickel Creek's myspace page...go figure. i was interested because a very close friend of mine works for english language institute/China (http://www.elic.org/index.asp). just wanted to send you some encouragement, and i'll definitely tell my friends about y'all. peace!