Tuesday, November 27, 2007

NBC & Olympians - November Support Update

Two years ago I sat across from a friend of mine trying to figure out how to get an Olympian to our camp during the Beijing Olympics. Any Olympian at all. Through some amazing circumstances we have Olympians coming to our camp and NBC has been covering the story. I uploaded their news piece below. Thank you so much for supporting me and making this possible!

And I just got back from our New Jersey and Pennsylvania tour. We were able to speak to lots of people about the kids in China. I know hearts were changed. Just before I left I had lunch with a friend that said that the 2007 camp left him wanting to adopt an orphan girl that is deaf. I thought about how normally a girl like that, especially that she was older and deaf, would not normally fit into someone's idea of who they would adopt. I was so encouraged! I remember when my parents told us kids that they were going to adopt. It didn't fit into my idea of a family either. But looking back their decision changed my life in amazing ways. And every day is full of adventure.


2 comments:

Nicole 妮可 said...

sweet!
though i must say it's not surprise considering the God we serve.
that's what's really sweet!!!

Nicole 妮可 said...

ps.
where did 'life on a raft' come from???