Saturday, September 1, 2007

BMH Camp #2; "Please pack me up."


Another great week of smiles! But better yet, a week of changed lives! I’m so encouraged that camp is not just a week of fun but a place where people begin to dream of how they can change a child’s world. Several of the Chinese translators said that for the first time they began to think of adopting an orphan themselves.

Before I tell you about week 2, I wanted to take this moment to let you honestly know about a need we have for camp. Anna is managing our budget and she doesn’t think we will have any money left at the end of this week. Which is always makes things exciting when you have one more week of camp :>) We still need to raise sponsorships of $250 for about 40 orphans. If you would like to help, even in a small way, send me an email back letting me know. Also e-mail me your phone number if you are giving $250 or more and I’ll have your sponsored kids call you from camp. Thank you all so much!

One of my favorite stories from the week was about a little boy that we named Kevin. Right from the start he just fell in love with camp! His eyes twinkled the whole time he was with us. But through a set of circumstances the orphanage asked for him back just after one day of camp. With tears we asked for God to work out a way for Kevin to stay. We waited for the orphanage to come back for Kevin but Tuesday turned into Wednesday and then Wednesday into Thursday and then Thursday into the last day of camp. It didn’t hit me fully until all the kids had left for their orphanages and Kevin was the last one there. How good God is!

Here is an excerpt from one of the child’s goodbye letters:

“Tomorrow afternoon we have to say good-bye. Then we have to live in different lands between which the Pacific Ocean. …If you miss me a lot, please pack me up… Or you can buy me a computer, then we can have some chat on the internet. Just kidding. Wish you happy everyday in the States. Yours, Mark”

Don't forget to check www.youtube.com (bring me hope diary)

No comments: