Saturday, September 1, 2007

BMH Camp #3: "Here is the children's heaven."

All I can say is WOW! Last week I explained how we still needed sponsorships for some orphans to come to camp. Since then, you all have pledged $9,070 in just one week! Thank you so much! Your kindness and generosity makes all of us over here feel so loved.

Week three went great! It was our biggest group with about 200 people attending. I attached a group photo so you can see how large that actually is. (Trying to find someone is like playing “Where’s Waldo?”) :>) We also had so much fun making videos of camp. You have to watch day 2 of this week… http://youtube.com/watch?v=lQci4vCjX6s

But despite the large numbers, individual lives were dramatically affected. One of my friends told me how he had never imagined being an overseas volunteer, yet now he could see using his LIFE to bring hope to the needy. There is nothing more exciting to me than changed lives.

A little girl whom I have gotten to know within the past few years wrote me a note this week that said, “Your love made me a difference.” My hope is that camp is a place where kids can begin to let go of the past and choose love and joy for their future rather than bitterness and apathy.

Before I close I wanted to share two letters from the kids to their American buddies:

---------------

Dear Rufino,

Here is the children’s heaven; here is the place where the sun it rises; here is the hope of us. Not only I open my eyes but also I learn a lot of knowledge of foreign country. I also learn to toleration and I know what is love. At the same time, I also thank you for taking care of us.

Here I feel the warm of family which is I want to get all the time. The love is that I need. Meanwhile, I would like to thank Lily. (Translator) Because of her, we can have opportunity to talk with each other. The family feeling is wonderful!!!

Yours, Sam

----

Kristen:

Big sister! Since you said I just like your little sister, I confirm that you are my big sister! You are my family. And you, you are wearing my bracelet which’s carrying my whole heart. I hope when you’re not happy, you can overcome by thinking of me. Sis, although you’re only 21, although I call you big sis all the time, I do want to call you mom, a very young mom! From you, I get a special love, which never happened. I love you, mom! One more time, I love you, forever, very much love!

Dear mom, thanks for your love,

Sierra

----

No comments: