Saturday, September 1, 2007

Just a Little Blood

The war is won! This whole summer I kept telling myself that running this camp is just like a war, except without any blood. Well, just a little blood. And there was a hospital visit but no broken bones and no stitches. But it was a war this summer. Everyday we suffered casualties. And when someone was crying or upset or angry I kept telling myself that this is a war. When you go to war, there will be wounds. No mess, no ministry.

Casualties yes! Victories a bigger YES! Three students made decisions for God with MANY more very close. We had the perfect platform to tell them that WE ARE ALL ORPHANS.

I have continued to feel God’s call to work with the orphans in China. And after four summers in China I feel that my passion is to lead people to Christ while caring for orphans. I want to fill you in on the future for me.

I finished my masters degree in leadership just before leaving for China and I now find myself completely in the real world of being an adult- responsibility, stress, and no summer breaks ever again. But I love my job! I wouldn’t trade it for anything!

And I’ve been thinking for some time that I need to start raising monthly support. A task that isn’t the most fun, but necessary. So, if you feel God’s leading, I would love to have you on my team that makes my work possible.

I’m also going to start writing monthly support letters. For YOU, about ME. All the struggles and joys and most of all--- SECRETS. :>)

Let me know if you would like to join my team. david@bringmehope.org - My current goal is to find:

- 5 people to support $100 a month

- 10 people to support $50 a month

- 10 people to support $25 a month

- 10 people to support $15 a month

- 10 people to support $10 a month

Thanks so much!!!!


1 comment:

Teresa said...

Just thought we would let you know that we have been praying for you guys this summer and as the work continues on... Thank you for blogging about it - it's wonderful to see how God has been working and displaying His mighty power. Keep going strong and know that you are in our prayers as you serve Him.

From Taiwan,
Nathan and Teresa Straub
straubs4Christ.blogspot.com